Writing with Light

I am a 19-year-old amateur photographer living in Montreal, Quebec. The photos on this blog are taken in many different countries, including Taiwan, the United States, Israel, Jordan, and Turkey. If you visit this blog, please take a few minutes to look at the pictures and maybe leave a comment or two. Thanks.















Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Above the Clouds: "This creed of the desert seemed inexpressible in words, and indeed in thought."

I took this series of pictures at Wadi Rum, a tourist site in southern Jordan. I stayed overnight at Bait Ali Camp with my family and my friend and her family. The next morning, we got up at 5:30 am and drove out into the desert, where the ground was both like sand and rock, and firm underfoot, and watched the sunrise as we waited for the hot air balloon personnel to set it up. Once we’d taken off, the view was magnificent. We flew up to 4000 feet and the entire journey took about an hour. We were disappointed at not catching sight of any foxes or wildlife on the mountains, but it was a wonderful experience nevertheless.

7 comments:

  1. omg, the wadi rum pictures are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!! I love pictures number 23, 41 and 42!! It looks like you're in a fantasy land with dragons and everything! Plus, I love the cloudy and misty landscape. Gives it an eery feel and it actually inspired me for a new story!! Plus in one picture you have giant legs!! XD The sunrise is amazing! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe a place that goegeous is so barren. If I was super wealthy, I could seriously see setting up a vacation home there.
    Great flame photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 嗯,果然和你媽說的一樣,很讓人羡慕的內容。從準備到起飛,到空中看到的景色,整體的掌握非常好。71張都很漂亮,但我個人比較喜歡的是13、14、41、42、43、61、63、64、66、67這幾張,火焰的飛躍感和色彩的飽和度都很好。但要提醒你,鏡頭髒了。第6張和44張的左邊(直照的左邊)和21、22、23、24、25、27、30等幾張照片,則在中央下方,和直照的左邊應該是同一顆髒點。仔細地在強一點的燈光下好好地擦一下,如果鏡頭清了還是一樣(拍個橫拍下半部是淺色的照就知道),下次回來時得再把相機帶回來清乾淨了。可能是CCD髒了。

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible...
    And I'm not just saying this because you're standing behind me ^_^

    But in all seriousness, your pictures are amazing, and I'm gonna have a hard time choosing from them.
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. 我愛你的照片!看看驚人的火焰。保持真棒工作! - 伊麗莎白

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really beautiful. your so talented. i think if there is a competition like last year you should choose one of these pictures, they are amazing and am pretty sure your are going to win! here are some of my favorite 17,27,28,30,32,51,67. i hope your enjoying holidays
    love butterfly

    ReplyDelete